Editec UK is a market leading sports betting, lottery and gaming solutions and service provider in Africa with a strong presence in more than 20 countries, and management satellite offices all around the world.
The retail divisions work with the renowned brands Premier Bet, SBA, Mercury International, Guinée Games, and R&S Betting.
- The Commercial Manager is responsible for the commercial aspects of all shops/agents within a country controlling Minimum Control Standards (MCS), increasing sales through best working practices, monitoring P&L to maximize sales and minimize loss, ensure total compliance with Company Standard Operating Procedures and all franchise/agent agreement articles.
Principal accountabilities include, but not limited to:
- Reviews/analyses sales find reasons for increase/decrease and write an action plan on how to improve.
- Studies an MCS for each shop and elaborates a plan with a calendar.
- Reviews all training records and plans a monthly training calendar.
- Conducts appraisals for managers with regularly meeting with them to set common goals, and delegates key tasks to them to maximize their potentials.
- Follows up closely on staff performance and productivity
- Maintains excellent communications with shop managers, and healthy relations with superiors discussing with them any pending issues related to the operation.
- Completes daily, weekly & monthly schedule of tasks, activities, programs, and initiatives.
- Follows up on customer complaints and collects feedback.
- Maintains adherence to company standards and policies at all times.
- Sets a challenge for shop managers/agents to increase sales/reduce costs.
- Spot checks visit for inventory count approved products used and sold looks for any discrepancies and takes corrective action when needed.
- Creating awareness and developing the sales network.
- Draft marketing budgets and executing it after being approved liaising with the operations manager.
- Ensuring all outlets are set up in good conditions and products are always running.
- Submits monthly and quarterly reports for sales/margin performance.
- Motivating and supporting store managers with specific issues, such as staffing and business management.
- Sets ideal staff count v Actual and works on recruiting suitable staff.
- Performs other duties pertinent to the position job as assigned by the line manager.
- Communication & Working Relationships
- Works closely with store managers and operations manager to ensure the consistent implementation of company standards
- Coordinates with different departments in the head office to guarantee effective communication
- Interacts with customers to follow-up on their satisfaction, requests, and complaints
- Manages direct reports and operational issues on a daily basis
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Excellent operations knowledge of retail or hospitality.
- Skills in managing people, setting goals/targets, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and/or French
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Leadership, strong Personality and Charisma.
- The position of the CM may require long hours, working/living in challenging environments, regular shop visits and flexibility. The duties listed above are not definitive.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Bonus
- Return flights