AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim is to proactively monitor system conditions, document changes made to existing infrastructure components, implement incident management process, asset management, maintain physical security, provide enterprise IT support with Linux administration.
- Proactive monitoring of the entire Data Center Critical Physical Infrastructure (DCPI) with the available monitoring tools to ensure achievement of service level guarantee.
- Execute incident management procedures throughout the incident’s life-cycle (identifying, logging and escalating incidents as appropriate, liaising with 3rd party vendors/contractors and updating stakeholders until resolution, in-line with documented procedures) ✓ Ensure the maintenance of Rack Centre’s physical security by executing proper access request fulfillment process
- Notify customers (internal and external) before and after planned/emergency maintenance activities, and ensure implementation is within scope of work and maintenance window
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain network infrastructure
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, firewalls and switches to maximise network efficiency and security
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Maximize network performance through monitoring and troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Monitor power utilization of customer services and provide availability report
- Maintaining and enforcing the Rack Centre’s key management process and procedure
- Provide suggestions and initiate actions (where necessary) to optimize operational activities
- Provide 24/7 hours remote hands and support to clients as required within the agreed SLAs
- Carry out daily routine system parameter checks e.g. RH, temperature, air velocity, current, voltage etc. and components checks e.g. sensors, louver doors, filters, fans etc. and report any anomaly or degradation that may pose a threat to availability.
- Generation of weekly reports and monthly balance score card to identify and improve various internal functions and resulting external outcome
- Generate accurate reports of all incidents and events as in-line with operational processes and procedures. install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Carry out daily routine system parameter checks e.g. RH, temperature, air velocity, current, voltage etc. and components checks e.g. sensors, filters, fans etc. and report any anomaly or degradation that may pose a threat to availability.
A Degree in Engineering or Technology or any related field.
4-7 years of experience in a similar position
Data Center Team
Network service providers
Vendors & Contractors
Specialized IT Companies