Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
Job ID: 180015I7
- Cloud Computing is one of the most important IT strategies nowadays. It provides a strategy for enterprises to revolutionize all aspects of how they provide and use IT either by improving the cost efficiency, enabling new innovation, more rapidly developing solutions and improving the operation of IT systems.
- Oracle is a potent force in Cloud Computing and has the technology to enable customers to build Cloud services, use Cloud services and provide Cloud services. Combining Technology, Applications, and Systems, Oracle can provide the most comprehensive solutions for implementing IaaS, PaaS and SaaS services nowadays.
- The primary role of a Cloud Domain Consultant (CDC) is to work in a pre-sales capacity to effectively position the Oracle Infrastructure PaaS Services and existing on-premise database products, with a deep cloud maintenance background, to generate and support opportunities for developing customer's business by deploying these products.
- CDC defines customer solutions, associated architectures and strategic roadmaps, followed by work in a solution-oriented approach.
- As such understanding of customer needs, being able to communicate with senior customer staff, from both, business and IT perspective, and increasing value to the customer are key.
- Customer audiences will include business departments and IT. CDC will become part of the regional West African Sales Consulting Team serving the following main responsibilities:
- Contributing to the achievement of revenue targets.
- Having a level of understanding across the breadth of Oracle's product set and technology architectures.
- Supporting the selling function.
- Provide high-quality technical pre-sales services to customers and partners (value proposition, cloud workshops, cloud products positioning) through presentations, demonstrations/seminars, proof of concepts, installations, response to Invitations to Tender and Request for Information documents
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge on Oracle cloud domain to client business.
- Facilitation of customer product/cloud model understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks.
- Formulating and leading presales technical/functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Lead and participate in marketing activities (presentations, events, articles etc.)
- Maintain knowledge and commercial awareness of the competitor product/solution offerings and value propositions
- Present the business value of Oracle’s Cloud-based technology solutions through examples and TCO calculations
- Understand the needs and pains of the customer and then to link them to Oracle Cloud products/solutions; design solution architecture blueprint to deliver an effective technology solution
- Build and maintain effective relationships with customers and partners throughout the sales lifecycle
- Acting as an expert for the Oracle Database product and options, with corresponding analytics/BI, PaaS and IaaS services on Oracle Public Cloud
- Responsible for providing technical solution support, based on Oracle Database and Infrastructure products and solutions during the sales support process
- Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
- As a Principal Sales Consultant, you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical/functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions.
- Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations.
- Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in the area of specialization.
- University degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering technical university programs
- Relevant experience in Oracle Core Technology products and Cloud solutions, Sales Consulting or Consulting roles
- Proven hands-on experience in Oracle database and middleware administration; experience in competitive database, middleware and cloud products will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of BI, Analytics and Big Data solutions is a strong plus!
- Strong knowledge and expertise in Cloud-based database and infrastructure technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build effective relationships with customer focus
- Results oriented and motivated; ability & willingness to adapt to new technologies
- Ability to travel where the business requires to do so
- Vendor (sales and marketing) experience.
- Business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools.
- Ability to implement the most advanced product features.
- Thorough knowledge of system and application design.
- In-depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques.
- Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.