Stresert Services Limited - Our client, a reputable Law firm on the island, is looking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position above.
- We are looking to recruit a Clerk in Land Registration. The ideal candidate must have substantial experience in Land Registration, perfection and procedures at the Land Registry.
Main Purpose of the Job
- Performs searches and enquiries on the land enquires with the relevant ministry and provide the relevant feedback to line manager.
- Make searches in the general register for the relevant purposes that affect the land titles office documents, record same and certify as to search.
- Checks availability and correctness of all relevant documents for the preparation of certificates and submits to the Records Management Unit for files to be opened.
- Submits signed documents to the relevant ministry; Checks deed information and updates property records.
- Provide information relating to property values, deeds and other information.
- Performs title searches on vague or incomplete deed information.
- Submit tax property bills to the applicable office.
- Ensures that all land registration documents are in order and that fees are correct.
- Make regular contacts with the legal colleagues and clients’ where explanations are required.
- Undertakes any other related duties as assigned by management.
- Minimum of a Diploma, ideally in land acquisition / real estate, data management, or a legal studies-related discipline would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years related work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products – Access, Word, Excel
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Works well under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Able to organize and set priorities, handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Previous experience reviewing and analyzing legal title documentation, reference plans, surveys etc
- Experience with real estate, leasing and/or contracts will be of advantage
- General knowledge of tax appraisal, listing, billing or collection programs, policies and procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers
- Must fully understand ALL the processes and procedures at the Directorate of Lands Registry, Alausa
- Applicants must know how to conduct research at the Lagos Land Registry.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.