· Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
· Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
· Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
· Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
· To dust, damp, wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
· To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
· To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
· The use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervising Officer in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
· To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes.