The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for developing conceptual design and preparation of Basic Engineering and Design Package (BDEP), which involves preparation of deliverables as: Basic Design Calculations, Work scope Definition, Project Specifications, Preliminary Design Drawings, Descriptive Bill of Quantities etc.
- Responsible for carrying out engineering, design detailing and preparation of Material Take Off (MTO) for projects.
- Offer professional support to project engineers, guidance and support to external design contractors to facilitate achievement of fit-for-purpose civil designs and compliance to applicable standards and specifications
- Carry out civil/structural design reviews and issue preliminary reports on third party design packages to facilitate assurance of compliance of the deliverables with provisions of the applicable Design and engineering Practice (DEP) as part of the overall project assurance program.
- Assist in the review of Construction Technical Queries (CTQ) and proffer advise on actual and potential impacts on project philosophy and existing design, as part of the project quality assurance that changes to agreed initial concepts be communicated and understood prior to implementation
- Ability to perform civil design analysis and calculation primarily with Staad.Pro
- Sound knowledge of CAD software (AutoCAD)
- Sound knowledge of technical specifications of civil and structural items
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- A focus on time and resource management
- Solid communication and computer skills
- Highly develop team management and leadership skills
- The right candidate should possess following:
- A university degree or HND in Civil Engineering
- 3-5 years post graduate experience out of which 2 years should have been spent in Civil/Structural engineering design
AutoCAD competence is required for this position
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.