SHIFT is a non partisan organization that builds support for transformative leaders in communities across the nation. Launched in June 2018, we are Nigerians from all over the nation and around the world. We come from diverse religions, ethnicities, and professional backgrounds, such as technology, media, law, consulting, oil & gas, legal, NGOs, and many more.
- This is a full-time, paid position located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- The role will require periodic travel (25%) to other parts of the country.
- Design and develop systems and best practices for recruiting volunteers, supporting volunteer leaders, and the teams they’re building in communities across the country and the Diaspora
- Develop and implement strategies, and tactics with core partners to achieve the greatest success in mobilizing and organizing volunteers
- Meet established metrics and engagement goals; track progress to goals and monitor success of the engagement program
- Support other SHIFT programs and teams on special projects related to the development and implementation of campaigns
- Work with other SHIFT programs on meeting volunteer and fundraising goals
- Build a fundraising strategy to grow a sustainable, profitable revenue source, both through direct contributions and identification of high-value prospects in Nigeria and the Diaspora
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of donors and prospects, using “Moves Management” techniques
- Oversee the implementation of an effort to acquire, engage, solicit, and cultivate donors through all digital channels (email, social media, websites, etc.) with a goal of maximizing long-term revenue
- Utilize subject matter experts and organizational representatives to further relationships with supporters and prospects
- Oversee publication of a newsletter for donor and volunteer community in Nigeria and the Diaspora
- Collaborate with the internal communications and marketing team to create and execute personalized communications and engagement plans for donor and volunteer community in Nigeria and the Diaspora.
- A minimum of three years of organizing experience; with an emphasis on managing volunteers. Preference for candidates who have worked in political organizations
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Experience working with teams or organizations outside Nigeria
- Comfort in a rapidly changing virtual work environment (SHIFT is still very much a startup)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- High level of comfort with using technology to support organizing (Google Tools, email platforms, social media platforms, etc)
- Experience with both digital and grassroot organizing is preferred
- Experience developing grassroots and/or community leaders
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues and understanding of challenges facing poor communities across the nation
- A passion and commitment to democratic principles and making Nigeria great
- Humility, integrity, passion, motivation, and a self-starter attitude.
Work Experience and Training:
- Must have worked in political, NGO, Civil Society or related environment
- Bachelor's or Training in Political Science, Law or related degree.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.