To remain innovative and consistently deliver value within the industry, we will require an individual with vast experience in IT Projects, IT infrastructural Design, Business enterprise
solutions, Software Development, IT Enterprise, People Management, Social and Emotional intelligence. This role of the qualified individual will be known as Chief Technology Officer.
The Chief Technology Officer will be the first technology go-to expert who will play an integral role in setting the company’s IT strategic direction, development and future growth. This position will provide technology support for the business and external clients and oversee the
overall technology development, technology utilization plan and manage all technology resources of the company.
- Operational and Technical Responsibilities
- Establish technology vision for the company
- Develop strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile app services
- Consolidate technology platforms
- Design IT projects to increase market reach
- Lead Software development both in-house and offshore as well as integration to third party platforms
- Ensure technologies are used efficiently, profitably and securely
- Present technology agenda in meetings and make hiring decisions
- Manage CTO as a service for internal and external client
- Leadership Accountabilities
- Manage and supervise in house and offshore software developers, Database
- Administrators, enterprise and IT Support Engineers
- Monitor KPIs and technology budgets to assess technological performance
- Relationship Accountabilities
- Collaborate with department heads as advisor of all technologies involved with the company
- Management Accountabilities
- Drive company revenue by efficiently managing technical projects
- Innovation Accountabilities
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary technical improvements and adjustments
- Study current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Represent company at IT conferences and networking events
Education, Technical Skills, Competencies, Working Relationships
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology, electronic engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree and relevant certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in Software development, IT Projects, IT Audit, IT QA, IT Network
- Application Development, Support and Maintenance: Knowledge and ability to
- design, define, construct, enhance, support and maintain application software on one or more platforms including web and mobile
- Database Design and Management: Knowledge and ability to apply the methods,
- practices and policies that are used in the design and the management of databases.
- IT Infrastructure/ Platforms: Knowledge and ability to support the enterprise
- computing infrastructure (e.g., enterprise servers, client server, storage devices and systems, hardware and software) in the provision, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support and maintenance of the infrastructure
- IT Project Management: Knowledge and ability to apply formal project management principles and practices during the planning, implementation, monitoring and completion of projects, ensuring effective management of scope, resources, time, cost, quality, risk and communications
- Security, Information and Application Protection: Knowledge and ability to ensure there are adequate technical and organizational safeguards to protect the continuity of IT infrastructure services by implementing IT security principles, methods, practices, policies and tool.
- Analytical Thinking — Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Innovation — Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Problem Solving—Job requires Identifying, analyzing, organizing and solving issues and reported problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Time Management— Job requires the ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Also, ability to concentrate on the tasks that have greater priority.
- Culture Traits
- Must be a High performer with a drive for excellence and growth
- Must be an optimist disruptive thinker with a sight for possibilities irrespective of the situation
- Must be open minded and a good people manager, showing mutual respect to all levels of staff.
- Strong ability to drive team collaboration
- Must be very strong at driving execution and executing within timelines
- Must be smart with an appetite for creativity and innovation
- Must have a strong social presence
- Work Relationships
- Internal within own department, other Heads of Departments, Offshore Developers and Business Executives
Working Condition and Critical Success Factors
Office Environment, Regular Working Hours, No Lifting of Equipment.
Critical Success Factor
Timely completion of IT Project deliverables
Timely delivery of external service delivery