PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) - Our client, a Fintech company with global reach as its operations extends through Africa and UK. They have been granted the license to provide mobile money services to individuals, banking and non-banking financial institutions by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Reference Number: 130-PEO00917
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Roles & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. This individual will be responsible for developing, maintaining and managing organization-wide technology and technical resources with an oversight of all stages of research, planning, development, testing and deployment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Effectively analyzes the current organization structure of the technology department and aligns the technical staff/resources to meet the immediate and long-term needs of the organization.
- Develops and maintains the overall framework of IT policies, standards and strategies that will empower business and people to deliver on their commitments to strategy and budgets
- Defines priorities, objectives and targets that underpins what contributes to the delivery of value to the business aligned with best practices and standards
- Develops state of the art transformational solutions that enables our customers to achieve best-in-class performance, reliability, and privacy, while adhering to industry standard
- Optimizes and manages the technology infrastructure and network (including efficient internet and intranet functionality) in a manner that delivers high stability and efficiency with sufficient resilience and yet managing costs effectively
- Provides IT governance; oversee delivery and security of IT infrastructure; monitor key performance indicators related to the security of the organization’s IT systems
- Ensures total quality management through uniform processes and procedures
- Provides the vision and strategy for managing data as an asset
- Ensures business continuity plan are put in place with appropriate Disaster Recovery plans. Regularly test for readiness for unforeseen and unexpected events which affects business continuity.
- Maintains competitive advantage over peers in the Fintech and Financial switching industry by leveraging the digital ecosystem and trends in technology
- Identifies emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the organization
- Provides clear and concise communication between the information technology department and the entire organization
- Any other technology responsibility as identified by the Executive management, Chief Executive Officer or the Board of Directors
- BSc / MSc / MBA degree with a passion for working in a face paced Fintech environment
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in IT field with 5 years in a product company, 7 years in an executive-level position, out of which 5 years would have been in the banking / financial sector
- Proven experience directing strategic design, acquisition, management, and implementation of enterprise-wide technology infrastructure, services and applications
- Exposure to Mobile payments, Mobile money, APIs, EFT, Financial Information Systems and Payment technologies would be an added advantage.
- Deep and broad experience with designing and building extensible, declarative metadata-driven application platforms with frameworks for data access, user interface, business rules, security, integration, etc
- Firsthand knowledge in supervising development of software solutions
- Exposure to Core Banking Solutions, Mobile Digital banking, Networking and Server administration
- Project management skills and management of development, maintenance and support teams
- Up -to -date with the current (and future) levels of IT security, threats, vulnerabilities that could impact the company’s digital and financial assets
- Is capable of monitoring and analyzing technology and trends that improve services and performance, innovative and creative.
- Excellent leadership abilities and a proven track record of overseeing multiple functions or departments through subordinate managers.
- Ability to act as an industry and solution thought leader in both customer and large industry conference settings.