- The Chief Technical Officer will be responsible for successfully dimensioning, managing and delivering on the overall combination of systems, infrastructure, people, processes and general administrative services. This will include the development and implementation of processes and policies that will aid the attainment of organizational objectives in the areas of Profitability, Cost Optimization, being an Excellent Place to work and also having fantastically Smooth Internal Processes.
- This role is responsible for solution definition, strategy, idea generation/implementation and overall management of human resources, general administration, information & communications technology and infrastructure development.
- This role plans, directs and coordinates human resource management to optimize the strategic use of people and potential.
- This role also directs, maintains and manages functions such as employee recruitment, performance management, compensation, management of sundry personnel policies, and regulatory compliance.
- Overseeing ICT Vendors and Service Level Agreements, vendor negotiations, and engagement.
- Oversees, manages and directs ICT Development, ICT Analysis, Solutions Architect/s, Technical Service Desk, and Sales functions
- The Chief Technical Officer will serve as a member of the Company’s Leadership Team, which is responsible for setting strategies, policies and managing the overall operation of the Company.
- The Chief Technical Officer will actively participate in the monthly Executive Management meetings and will be involved in key decision making.
- The Chief Technical Officer will actively contribute to meeting the company’s business goals through identification, recommendation, and engagement of potential clients and business prospects for business development and deal origination purposes, working, if required with other relevant departments.
- Participates in management strategy committee and assists in formulating and implementing strategies for the achievement of company goals, in line with company vision
- Actively participates in Human Resources on manpower planning and identifying hiring needs.
- Has full responsibility for Vendor Management, Contract
- Negotiation and Cost Optimization and advises the company accordingly.
- Formulates, generates, recommends and implements ideas and policies for optimum administration and utilization of the company’s facilities and assets
- Continuously reviews and recommends required changes in the firm’s overall business support processes to enhance traction on company goals and ultimate vision.
- Determines and supervises the preparation of yearly and other periodic budgets across all technology-related departments.
Board Functions (Direction, Business Development, and Origination):
- Participates in the relevant meetings of Executive Management (or Board of Directors, if required), preparing and presenting reports for Management, as may be required or directed by the Managing Director and deliberating on key strategic actions in line with company’s vision
- Serves as company’s ambassador to external stakeholders, attracting, identifying, recommending opportunities for business development and deal origination
- The Job requires considerable interface with vendors, staff, outsource partners and agencies.
- The job holder may have to travel at short notice for meetings or events and will be involved in preparing, attending and delivering Customer presentations for sales and walkthrough pitches.
Appropriate Personality Type for the job:
- Extrovert: Relates well and values team
- Competent: Deep and relevant knowledge of the various aspects of ICT
- Experience: A proven demonstrable track record of ICT
- Operations Management at Middle or Senior Management Level
- Intuitive: Sees the big picture and optimistic
- Feeler: Compassionate and tactful
- Judger: Value structures, structured and organized
- Prudent. Understands value and value creation.
- Convivial – Has a constant CAN-DO attitude
Dominant Behaviors/Cultural Predisposition:
- Strong Technical Competence, Deep Multifaceted ICT Experience, People Management, Interpersonal & Negotiation Skills, Attention to Detail and Leadership
- Holder of this role must have the ability and capacity to swing fairly between these dispositions because of the various roles he/she plays in the business – managing human beings, perception, systems, and processes.
Education Requirement (Including Post Graduate and Professional Qualification):
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis or relevant Science Discipline
- MBA or Master’s degree in relevant field is Added Advantage
- Certified Professional / Advanced Profession Status desired but not compulsory
Requisite Cognate Experience (in years with specific exposures):
- Composite 10-12years cognate experience in the different roles mentioned above in a well-structured, world-class work environment.
Key Competency Requirements
Prior Experience Required for the job:
- Core Banking Applications – Preferably experience and background with Temenos T24 and Finacle
- Payment Gateways and Digital Channels and Workflow Automation
- Business Systems Design and Analysis
- Cisco Certified Network Professional / CCNA, CCIE, CCNP
- Project Management – MS, Prince 2
- Business Skills – Financial Management, Negotiation, People Management and
- Business Planning (including Projects, Cashflows & Budgeting)
Knowledge Knowledge of (and experience in):
- Business Systems Analysis or Design
- Software Architecture & Development
- Network Architecture, Design and Implementation
- Software Testing
- Financial Management & Analysis
- Vendor and 3rd Party management and negotiation.
- Man Management and coordination
- Project Management
- Business Planning and Projections
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Business Case and Presentations.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Experience-based ICT Development and Management Skills
- Proactive issue identification and decision making
- People management skills, including managing, leading and supervising
- Relating and networking
- Financial & Accounting Skills
- Persuading and influencing
- Researching, discerning observation and analyzing
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Planning and organizing – Project Management
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Delivering results and meeting stakeholders expectations
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Board of Directors
- All departments
- Suppliers & Vendors
- Clients & Customers