Reports To: General Manager
As a Security Chief you are responsible to protect and safeguard all hotel guests, employees,
their belongings and all hotel assets. Also ensuring that all hotel properties are adequately secured at all times.
Responsible for preparing daily incident reports, requisitions and other inter office memos and ensure that all allegations of crime and other incidents are investigated and properly recorded.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel.
- Ensure that security staff provides services that are above and beyond customer satisfaction and retention.
- Ensure the safety and security of guests, staff, visitors, and contractors at all times.
- Responsible to manage all safety & security, Fire Life Safety and food hygiene risks faced by the hotel.
- Liaise with all department heads to ensure hotel employees are adhering to established security procedures.
- Record and notify all risks, deviations from hotels safety standards and any untoward incidents.
- Track departmental safety record and document medically treated and non-treated injuries.
- Oversee and guides the efforts of the Accident Prevention Committee.
- Oversee and guides the efforts of the Fire and Safety Committee.
- Oversee first aid program for guests and employees.
- Oversee the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
- Assign duties and schedule staff for balancing needs of the hotel and productivity standards.
- Monitor staff activity and coach subordinate performance.
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting or loitering around the hotel public or guest areas.
- Follow up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the wellbeing of guests and employees.
- Ensure compliance with all security standards and preventative measures.
- Monitor and follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Conduct investigations and compile reports on a timely manner for any theft, loss, accidents or any aspect that risk the safety of the hotel.
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts, or otherwisenegotiate with others.
- Develop and maintain a monthly checklist for all CCTV equipment, alarmed doors, and panic / duress alarms to ensure that they are fully functional.
- Conduct regular mock fire evacuation drill as per the hotels emergencies standards.
- Develop and advise key personnel of emergency procedures.
- Implement action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Establish crisis management and contingency planning.
- Conduct regular walk through rounds for observing the entire hotel.
- Supervision of all Security Personnel and giving clear direction on all security related aspects.
- Coordinate with external police authorities in the investigation and handling of crimes,accidents, external meetings involving the hotel, its employees and / or guests.
- Perform all tasks consistently in line with the hotel standards and adhere to all legal and statutory requirements.
- Interview, select, review and train new security officers according to hotels standards to maintain order throughout the hotel.
- Be available 24 hours a day for genuine emergencies within the property.
- Perform any other task as may be assigned from time to time by top management
Fluency in English in both written and spoken and the capability to follow safety and security rules and procedures without compromises at all times is essential.
High school diploma or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or
related major. Proficiency in Computers, CCTV, Fire and Safety systems.
At least 5 years of experience in corporate security/law enforcement /military preferably
worked in a hospitality environment.