- Champion the execution of the corporate strategy at the Operation level; Demonstrate ownership for the definition of the Operation’s strategy and ensure alignment with the corporate strategy.
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight in the development of strategic plans for the plant.
- Prepare the annual budgets and prudently monitor and manage the Plants resources within the budgetary provision.
- Facilitate prompt implementation of the approved operational plans and ensure that plant operations are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Facilitate the definition of broad guidelines for the establishment of standards to ensure and measure the performance of plant operations; its departments, units, teams and personnel.
Plant Management Cycle:
- Oversee the conduct of in-depth research, assessment and analysis and benchmark the plant management strategies against other major players in view of industry and economic realities in order to ensure maintenance and improvement of production standards.
- Work with the Head, Risk Management & Compliance and oversee the execution and implementation of approved risk management frameworks and disaster recovery plans to ensure optimal plant performance and minimize operational losses.
- Continually control and monitor plant performance through the use of standard tools, benchmarking and pre-defined Company indicators to be used for tracking.
- Demonstrate ownership for all technical issues in the plants.
- Optimize and adapt the production process and equipment in line with the Company’s improvement program/ action plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Engineering.
- Relevant Post graduate degree such as an MBA is required.
- Minimum of eighteen (18) years relevant work experience.