Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
- Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently seeking applications from qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates to provide leadership to a up to $84 million, USAID-funded State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness Activity in Nigeria. The purpose of this Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments in Nigeria.
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
Position Description/ Responsibilities
- The COP will be the principal point of contact in Nigeria for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation.
- The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID/Nigeria on technical matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID/Nigeria technical direction.
- The COP will be responsible for responding to the designated COR and USAID/Nigeria’s Contracting Officer.
- The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
- The COP’s primary responsibilities are aimed at providing overall leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the award.
- This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments.
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as social sciences, law, development studies, etc. However, five (5) additional years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the master’s degree;
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to democracy and governance activities under a USG instrument;
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
- Experience working in the democracy and governance sector in Africa;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate his/her vision to partners and colleagues;
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
- Experience in developing and managing multi-sectoral, multi-donor-funded programs preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with different donors, civil society organizations and host country government counterparts.
- To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
- Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.