Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
The Chief Mechanic’s overall responsibilities are, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him of their duties, their responsibilities and the necessary safetyprecautions prior to start up of any work.
- Ensure that all orders and instructions given in writing or verbally are fully understood and adheredto.
- Ensure that all safety routines are followed.
- Ensure that no mechanical work that requires a “work permit” or mechanical/electrical isolation isstarted until a proper investigation has been carried out and approvals have been given in writing.
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents and non-conformances job.
- React timely to all corrective action requests.
- Ensure that personnel under his supervision possess the necessary qualifications and experienceto properly carry out the work assigned to them from a professional as well as a safety point of view.
- Attends and promote the safety meetings and have special safety meetings with his mechaniccrew whenever necessary.
- Attends all the safety drills held onboard.
- Ensure good housekeeping in his/her area
- Be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Saipem and by the Operator,and promote the implementation of same.
- Ensure that his subordinates use compulsory protective equipment and are safety minded in theirday to day work.
- Be familiar with all the classification society’s and the authorities rules and regulation applicable tohis area of responsibility
- Ensures that before and maintenance activity is started, a proper risk evaluation is carried outprecautions have been taken and “Work Permit” has been signed, in case of need.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.