Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria's energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks.
- Keep the deck department inventory up to date.
- Allocate and ensure that all duties appertaining to deck department are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ship's LSA, Fi-Fi, anti-pollution and medical equipment is kept updated and in operational condition.
- Responsible for ensuring that all mooring, anchor handling and towing equipment are regularly maintained and in operational order.
- Responsible for loading, stowing and discharging of all deck cargoes and cleaning of bulk tanks; In charge of the deck ratings and their duties.
- Assist physically on deck during special operations such as anchor handling and towing.
- Responsible for the training of deck cadets and deck crew.
- Carry out crew appraisals.
- Carry out watch keeping duties.
- Is in charge of the vessel’s chart corrections. Can delegate the task to a junior Officer but remains nevertheless responsible of the corrections.
- Supervise mooring and unmooring of vessel in port and at offshore locations.
- Ensure that the accommodation is kept in a clean, tidy and hygienic state.
- Line reporting and functional linkage
- This position will report directly to the Master.
- The Chief Mate shall have at least two year oil field experience as Chief Mate, Master or Relief Master on rig supply or work vessels.
- The Chief Mate shall at all times during the term of the Contract be in possession of a valid License and STCW endorsement as set out in Basic Marine Vessel Specifications and Requirements.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.