Our client, a significant player in the travel industry, is searching for an experienced professional who is proactive and passionate to fill the role of Chief Financial Officer. He /She will be responsible for providing financial leadership as well as the development and management of efficient and effective financial systems and processes. To succeed in this position, the candidates should have excellent communication, leadership and problem-solving skills. He/she must be analytical, resourceful, adaptable, organized and able to work well under pressure.
- Position: Chief Financial Officer
- Job type: Full Time
- Job field: Finance
- Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
The CFO will be responsible for the following key functions among others:
- Provide the required financial leadership in Accounting, Reporting and Systems as a whole
- Provide responsible advice and counsel to Heads of the Client’s Group Companies, the CEO and ultimately the Board of Directors on a variety of financial issues
- Deliver a consolidated Financial Report for group activities in line with standards, agreed timelines and regulatory requirements
- Interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the Client’s Group companies and make specific recommendations for cost reduction and/or profit improvement
- Ensure that all bank accounts are being operated and reconciled effectively and efficiently
- Manage the tax implication and compliance of all transactions
- Ensure that all statutory returns are prepared and filed with Government authorities in an accurate and timely fashion
- Manage the relationship with the external auditors, including being a key contact for audit planning and completion.
Key Performance Areas:
- Budgeting, Cash Flow forecasting and Management.
- Accurate internal and external reports
- Funding & Investment Management.
- Resource Optimization.Risk Management & Policy Compliance.
Key Skills & Competence:
- Strategic Leadership skills.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethics and Integrity
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use and apply technology in day to day activities including data interpretation and risk management.
Education/ Professional Qualification:
- A degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or other related field. A Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Should be a Member/Fellow of a recognized Accounting professional body: ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- 9-12 years of finance experience with a minimum of 5 years at management level
- Experience in the travel industry will be an advantage
- Competitive salary plus other benefits.