Babban Gona aims to be the world’s highest-impact organization, enabling 10 million families to have a truly life-changing impact, enabling them to rewrite their story. Our success to date can be traced to the fact we have led significant innovation in the market for financing the rural poor. Our passionate and committed finance and financial control team of over 40 principals, associates, analysts, and internal auditors have launched significant innovations including the region's first social impact bond, warehouse receipt system for smallholders and smallholder asset leasing. In addition, we have developed three innovative insurance products including a global first price index insurance product for smallholders. Finally, due to our efforts to control for the risks of lending to smallholder farmers we have been able to maintain a repayment rate of over 99%. This high repayment rate has enabled us to become the countries largest direct lender to smallholder farmers unlocking over $25 million in capital.
As we prepare for the next phase of our growth we are looking for a Chief Financial officer to build Babban Gona Impact Capital, dedicated financing and financial control platform to channel $5 Billion in capital to enable 10 million families to lift themselves out of poverty by 2030. Success in the role would include building an organization to manage a network of financial partners, while growing our financial control and risk management organization to scale to monitor 10 million clients, leveraging cutting edge technology developed by Babban Gona Labs.
Examples of key activities include:
- Building the Worlds Largest Investment Bank for the Poor: Our goal is to provide a platform to enable 10 million individuals to run their own successful agricultural-based SMEs. To date, we have raised capital directly to on-lend to these SME’s. The CFO would lead the development and launch of our platform to enable these SME’s raise capital directly themselves, from third-party financing partners.
- Building the Risk and Financial Controls Systems to Enable $5 Billion in Financing to be unlocked: Building on Babban Gona’s extensive track record of managing risk of lending to the rural poor, maintaining a 99% repayment rate, the CFO would implement a best in class internal audit and financial control system to manage a complex business that will be managing 10 million loans of in-kind product and a supply chain that is managing an estimate 10 million metric tons of products.
Finance Strategy and Risk Management
- Develop and continuously iterate the organization's fundraising and financial control and risk management strategy by liaising with key operational leaders to identify gaps and propose innovative solutions. Examples would include leveraging a technology platform to enable potential financiers transparency on the risks they are taking with their portfolios.
- Lead risk management by analyzing BG’s liabilities and investments.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems and ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government authorities.
- Report risk issues to the finance & audit committee of the board of directors.
- Lead all operations including but not limited to Corporate Finance, Financial Control, Audit, Treasury & Finance Operations, Tax, and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Working with Babban Gona Labs, oversee the development and implementation of a digital transformation strategy to accelerate the scalability of the Babban Gona model, while improving our risk management and financial controls.
- Lead all relevant 3rd party relationships including investors, banking relationships, auditors, etc
- Build, develop, evaluate and retain a highly-qualified team of finance professionals.
- Ensure that the organization has strong control systems with clear policy violation guidelines.
Leadership and Team Development
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability in the Finance department.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical Finance positions.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement and control plan for overall business operations, while supporting the finance teams to meet business needs.
- Implementing and Scaling Financial Controls and Risk Management Systems in Supply Chain/Logistics
- Deep leadership experience in a supply chain and logistics-intensive organization that has leveraged a digital transformation strategy to accelerate rapid scale, while maintaining strong financial controls and risk management systems.
Built a Platform to Channel Large Amounts of Capital to SMEs
- Deep leadership experience working with third party organizations to unlock over $100 million in capital to SMEs, leveraging digital solutions.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify the root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.