Chief Finance Officer Nigeria: The change agent of transformation for our firm into a world class organization
The role is based in Nigeria and may require frequent travels out of the country.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer Nigeria will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company.
- The CFO Ng will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company this will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- The Chief Financial Officer Nigeria (CFO Ng) will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects our company and will provide strategic financial input to senior management.
- While keenly overseeing the overall accounting process, the successful CFO Ng will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of our firm.
- The Chief Financial Officer Nigeria (CFO Ng) will be responsible for a complex business that comprised of digital payments, neighborhood banking networks and digital market place in Agriculture
- Internal stakeholders that will work closely with role holders will be:
- Co-CEOs, who are the co-founders - to define strategy and execution plan and resources.
- Group CFO - to execute the financial strategy of the company
- Chief Compliance Officer – effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Chief Commercial Officer (Ng) – Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Head of Operations (Ng) – Provide advice on how to achieve optimal goals at effective costings
- Head of People Culture and Performance (Ng) - Propose action plans on staff resourcing to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
What you’ll be doing:
- Overall lead of financial functions
- Has full authority over treasury, tax, statutory and management accounting, financial controls and internal and external reporting.
- Ensuring our firm is properly capitalized to finance its aggressive growth plans;
- Responsible for developing a deep understanding of the business, its economics and its key growth metrics and workstreams, how differing growth plans require different amounts and types of capital and making sure that capital is available
- Budget management:
- Budget preparation – Leading the preparation process of the annual budget of the company, which is derived from the company’s annual plan.
- Budget supervision – Adjusting the company’s accounting system to the company’s budget and performing periodic tracking of Actuals vs. Budget.
- Management reports - Preparing periodic reports and presentations to the management and the board of directors. These reports include: Balance sheet, PNL, cash flow and any other
- required report.
- Analysing budget implications on the company.
- Participate in decision-making and its implementation in the company budget.
- Investor relations (IR): Responding to investors (Q&A), Reports preparations, reporting to investors,
- Meeting with investors, Presentations to the Local Board.
- ERP system thought leader – Continuous improvement of the reporting system and the reports derived from the system accounting and others such as CRM that improves the control environment around company metrics to provide the most relevant information to the executive team, the board and the
- company overall Develops and grows a top-class finance team - Ensures the business is appropriately resourced in the finance function by recruiting and mentoring the top finance talent.
- Build the team today that will manage the finances of the world class global billion-dollar business that grows revenues 65% YoY
- External Audit Leadership- Lead the commencement and closure of External Audits. – ensure timely preparation and rendition of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AFS with the relevant statutory agencies. Manage and comply with Local, state and Federal Government Statutory requirements and tax filings
What you’ve accomplished and who you are:
- Candidate must demonstrate knowledge of ecommerce, retail networks and digital payments financial management experience will be an extra advantage
- BA in Accounting or Finance, MBA is highly desirable.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA is highly desirable.
- Minimum 12+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- An enthusiastic team player and strong interpersonal skills.
- A hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment.
- High level of English proficiency (both oral and writing)