PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) - Our client, a Fintech company with a global reach as its operations extend through Africa and UK, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position above
Roles & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the Board of Directors. This individual will be responsible for developing, maintaining and managing organization-wide technology and technical resources with an oversight of all stages of research, planning, development, testing and deployment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Effectively analyzes the current organizational structure of the technology department and aligns the technical staff/resources to meet the immediate and long-term needs of the organization.
- Develops and maintains the overall framework of IT policies, standards and strategies that will empower business and people to deliver on their commitments to strategy and budgets
- Defines priorities, objectives and targets that underpins what contributes to the delivery of value to the business aligned with best practices and standards
- Develops state of the art transformational solutions that enable our customers to achieve best-in-class performance, reliability, and privacy, while adhering to industry standard
- Optimizes and manages the technology infrastructure and network (including efficient internet and intranet functionality) in a manner that delivers high stability and efficiency with sufficient resilience and yet managing costs effectively
- Provides IT governance; oversee delivery and security of IT infrastructure; monitor key performance indicators related to the security of the organization’s IT systems
- Ensures total quality management through uniform processes and procedures
- Provides the vision and strategy for managing data as an asset
- Ensures business continuity plan are put in place with appropriate Disaster Recovery plans. Regularly test for readiness for unforeseen and unexpected events which affects business continuity.
- Maintains competitive advantage over peers in the Fintech and Financial switching industry by leveraging the digital ecosystem and trends in technology
- Identifies emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the organization
- Provides clear and concise communication between the information technology department and the entire organization
- Any other technology responsibility as identified by the Executive management, Chief Executive Officer or the Board of Directors
- Minimum of a university degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution
- An MBA or Master’s degree in any business related discipline will be a differentiating advantage
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ post-graduation experience in the Information Technology sector, with at least seven (7) years’ experience in an Executive Management role
- First-hand and solid knowledge of the workings and opportunities in Financial Services, Financial Technology and broader Information Technology industry. Demonstrated experience in leadership in an electronic payments environment will be a differentiating advantage
- Tested leadership experience in corporate turnaround and growth contexts will be an added advantage.