KPMG Nigeria - Our client is a leading system integrator, providing top-notch ICT Infrastructure Solutions to key clients across the banking, telecoms, power, oil & gas sectors in Nigeria and West Africa. In line with its strategic growth objectives, our client recently established a Payment Solutions business and is desirous of hiring a top-of-the-class individual with a proven track record of results-driven leadership and the requisite skills and experience to fill the CEO position for this business.
- Coordinating and managing the agent network for successful implementation and deployment of a world-class competitive platform in alignment with the business’ strategy.
- Identifying and growing new businesses including Value Added Services through the Agent Network Platform for financial Institutions & other sectors across Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone and any assigned Countries by management.
- Leading and managing the overall Agency Banking and ensuring that the business achieves its set goals.
- Providing overall supervision for the General Managers.
- Managing performance of the General Managers.
- Developing and implementing the corporate strategy.
- Overseeing the enforcement of all agent management policies and sanctions.
- Managing relationships and compliance issues with regulatory authorities.
- Presenting periodic Agent Network Reports to the Board.
- Rolling out the Shared Agent Banking Platform across the geo-political zones with focus on penetrating the northern region.
- Enhancing the penetration and extension of permitted banking services to the unbanked, under-banked and banked populace in Nigeria; thereby promoting financial inclusion in the wider spectrum in line with the Financial Inclusion Strategy of Nigeria.
- Ensuring that functional objectives are delivered through a highly motivated and engaged team.
- Developing bench strength of future leaders through coaching, mentoring and guidance for the team.
Agent Network Development:
- Establishing appropriate framework to facilitate Agent rollout.
- Evaluating performances of Agent Supervisors and Master Agents across critical parameters – Customer and Agent acquisition; and Agent management.
- Preparing and presenting monthly reports on regional performance to the board on an ongoing basis.
- Ensuring all retail Agents recruited are set up within 48 hours of being engaged.
- Providing field-based market intelligence necessary for forecasting long and short-range market potentials for the Super Agency service.
Sales and Business Process Management:
- Driving the execution of sales strategy to achieve targets set by management.
- Providing a solution-oriented sales approach over the full delivery lifecycle.
- Driving business growth by consistently developing and maintaining a healthy new business pipeline that will meet and aggressively exceed targets.
- Developing and leading initiatives to grow and sustain the business.
- Deï¬�ning and implementing strategies/plans to grow and improve usage of the solution.
- Utilizing market research and effective competitor analysis to develop and implement sales plan/strategies that will give the business an edge.
- Constantly monitoring all indices to ensure performance against set targets while ensuring remedial action for all initiatives.
- Accurately forecasting annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams and set performance goals accordingly.
- Analyzing and presenting revenue opportunities per prospective Financial Service Providers (FSP) within the assigned segments.
- Establishing and managing customer relationships and proactively leveraging them to build loyalty; and cross-sell other products of the business.
- Developing effective strategies to ensure the business’ Agent Network becomes the choicest for Financial Service Providers (FSPs) and the end consumer.
- Generating reports on market/competitor intelligence.
- Developing new prospects and expanding the Agent Network.
Corporate Governance & Risk Management:
- Liaising with relevant regulatory bodies such the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), NIBSS, CIBN etc.
- Facilitating the flow of information to key stakeholders such as the Board members.
- Maintaining and updating the governance framework as required - the framework will consist of fair practices, controls and rules of governance on how the firm relates with its stakeholders.
- Identifying and assessing potential financial risks, reputation risks etc. to the business.
- Putting strategies in place to mitigate risks.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements from relevant agencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent, while a Master's degree with relevant professional certification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years relevant experience, with at least five (5) years in a senior management position in a similar or comparable institution
- Experience in payments, financial services/ banking, including agency banking, sales and distribution and/or the telecoms sector is preferable
- Track record of successful management/ administration of regional or national distribution network(s)
- Extensive and working knowledge of retail business and sales channel development.
Skills / Competency Requirements:
- Banking or Payment services experience.
- Key negotiation skills.
- Risk management knowledge
- Corporate governance
- Experience in managing trade outlets.
- Thorough understanding of agency business.
- Sound understanding of the banking industry.
- Information technology savvy.
- Good understanding of online learning platform for product trainings.
- Thorough knowledge of channel development and management
- Working knowledge of banking product management
- Hands-on attitude and self–starting disposition
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results
- Good business and commercial awareness
- Adept Stakeholder management skills (especially with relevant regulators)
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to foster and sustain relationships with stakeholders, peers and executives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.