As Chief Compliance Officer your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the link between the organization and the regulator - PenCom
- Monitoring and evaluating investment activities, benefit payments, and other pension administration activities as prescribed in the PRA 2014 (amended).
- Acting as an adviser to the organization to enable all strategic, management and operational tasks of the organization to be aligned to a common set of risk management objectives.
- Support management in strategic management, investment and operational tasks throughout projects, functions and processes to align with the management objectives.
- Manage the staff and activities of the compliance department.
- Engage in any other functions that may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, or business-related field from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years experience, five (5) of which must be in Compliance or Risk Management; preferably from the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of the Pension Industry and Asset and Liability Management will be added advantage.
- The ability to design and implement systems suitable to a challenging and volatile environment.
- Professional qualifications will also be added advantage.
- Possesses good understanding of financial records and relevant industry regulatory requirements.
- He must have sound business judgment and the ability to pro-actively look at markets and regulatory trends and identify existing and emerging compliance issues
- Compliance Officer must be firm but fair and must have the ability to remain calm under pressure, deal with delicate situations and appropriately define priorities.
- A Compliance Officer must possess strong oral and written ability in English language.
- A Compliance Officer must have good interpersonal skills and must be a team player, who can also work with his own initiatives.
- A Compliance Officer must be confident, have a desire and passion for excellence and be committed to self-development.
- A Compliance Officer must have the ability to interpret and apply legislations, regulations, guidelines and other regulatory requirements as stated in the PRA 2014, and/or issued by the Commission.
- Analytical skills and an eye for detail especially on finance-related transactions
- Computer literate and knowledge of Microsoft office
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues
- Communication and presentation skills