Reports To: Concierge Office - Department: Kitchen/Restaurant/Room Service
We seek an experienced Chef and cook with a passion for great food and excellent catering. This role will see you working as part of a small team undertaking all duties within our kitchen. Preparing, cooking and presenting great food in line with our company brand standard. As Chief Chef, you will be responsible for the opening and closing procedures in the kitchen, and upholding our health, safety and cleanliness standards for all Kitchen operations.
- Ensure full area of responsibility is clean, appropriately presented and stocked at all times
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge and understanding of menu
- Be responsible for smooth operation of relevant equipment,reporting any maintenance issues
- Ensure Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures
- Maintain accurate kitchen logs and records.
- Inspect any food prepared by cooks and serving areas and ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen.
- Keep storage areas for all service and cooking equipment clean and organized.
- Clean, stock and maintain the assigned station’s area throughout the shift.
- Estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage, vendors or market shopping.
- Knows all in house safety systems, emergency procedures, and muster points, and is aware of all fire and accident prevention policies.
- Routine deep cleaning of the industrial kitchen equipments in accordance with the equipment manufacturer standards
- A genuine interest in customer service excellence
- A great team player, neat and well-groomed
- Catering experience essential
- Passion for food and drink
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Health, safety, and fire handling training or experience
- Acquired and still desires continued professional catering and personal development
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experienced Cooks -School leavers, PT students, OND, or training from a renowned catering institution
- Experience preparing, cooking and presentation of continental cuisines, local Nigerian dishes, and other
- African food with a desire to learn new culinary skills