- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
- Perform a full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring, and controls.
- Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting.
- Review & approve payment vouchers.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
- Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the setup.
- Support CFO in ensuring that intercompany cost allocations are in line with management agreements and transfer pricing policy
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Demonstrates the ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality involving, staffing concerns, and internal/external correspondence.
- Take decisive action on opportunities to achieve specific outcomes.
- Convey a sense of urgency when appropriate and persists in the face of obstacles. Get results and adds value.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and other accounting applications.
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the organization in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable in relevant Tax laws/Regulations
- Ability to develop /create financial models.
- B.Sc. or MBA in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Must be a full member of a recognized professional accounting body such as ICAN, ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ANAN, CPA.
- 5 or more years of cognate experience.