- Work closely with process chemists and control engineers to ensure the process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficient running of the production facility
- Designing plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit the product range and the process technologies involved, taking environmental and economic aspects into account
- Setting up scale-up and scale-down processes including appropriate changes to equipment design and configuration
- Assessing options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production plants, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting
- Optimizing production by analyzing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies
- Applying new technologies
- Researching new products from trial through to commercialization and improving product lines
- Ensuring that potential safety issues related to the project operator, the environment, the process and the product are considered at all stages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license required for most professional-level positions.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good team-working skills.
- Exceptional IT skills.
- Commercial awareness.