A female private chef, with 3-5 years’ experience and aged between 35 and 45 years, is required to plan and prepare at-home meals that are customized according to the employer’s dietary needs and preferences. The preferred candidate must be able to plan and prepare both African and Continental dishes. She will shop for the items, prepare the meals, and also clean up the kitchen after they're done. She will have the option of residing with the employer, otherwise work hours shall be between 7am and 6pm daily.Job Description
A reputable organization seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
In addition to planning and preparing meals, the chef shall be responsible for safe packaging, accurate labeling, and convenient storage of prepared items in the refrigerator or freezer. On special occasions, she may be required to manage a team of cooks and act as a caterer. As a caterer, she may be required to lead a team of hired assistants to prepare foods that will be served to guests at a dinner party. This could be for a formal sit down dinner, or for a buffet style event.
Specific duties include:
· Create a customized meal plan
· Shop for groceries (at markets, grocery stores, etc.)
· Shop for specialty items (organic, gluten-free, nut-free, etc.)
· Put food away and store properly
· Stock the pantry with the client's favorite items
· Be diligent with food handling skills
· Provide easy-to-read preparation instructions for clients
· Clean up and sanitize
· Keep up with nutritional information
· Listen and understand client needs
· Improve culinary techniques
· As a personal chef, she shall be required to be accessible to employers at any given time. Even though she may live with employer, she will be required to maintain a professional distance and not overstep any boundaries.
· A thorough background check shall be carried out and the prospective chef will sign a non-disclosure agreement with employer, subject to employment. She will also be required to undergo medical examination, details of which she will disclose to employer on confidential basis.