FarmCity Limited seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods, such a, sauces, soups, salads, vegetables and fish dishes.
- Must be versatile in preparing all kinds of continental and African dishes.
- Instruct and supervise cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
- To ensure that all stocks are ordered in correct quantities and kept under optimum conditions.
- Liaise with Head Kitchen in planning menus, order food supplies and receive supplies delivered.
- To ensure that all mise-en-place is always freshly prepared and on time.
- To ensure that all dishes are being prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- To ensure that all dishes reach the hot plate correctly garnished the correct portion and size, presented on the prescribed serving dish.
- To ensure that junior cooks and trainees receive the right training and optimum guidance.
- Carry out regular stock taking and ensure any shortages are communicated promptly to the Head kitchen.
- To ensure that no horseplay is allowed in his section and that all staff under his control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
- Monitor, sanitize and ensure that any subordinate staff adhere to, and maintain, the highest possible standards of personal hygiene.
- To deputize in the head kitchen’s absence and take charge of the kitchen when directed to do so.
- Ensure that all equipment’s, storage facilities are safe and ready to use at all times, promptly reported and fixed when faulty. This includes all maintenance issues in the unit.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene, health and safety measure in the kitchen unit.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Experience required: At least 5years
- Sex: Male and Female can apply
Remuneration and benefits
Salary: N100,000 monthly
Medical is available