A reputable organization seeks to fill the above position with suitable and qualified persons.
- In addition to planning and preparing meals, the chef shall be responsible for safe packaging, accurate labeling, and convenient storage of prepared items in the refrigerator or freezer. On special occasions, she may be required to manage a team of cooks and act as a caterer. As a caterer, she may be required to lead a team of hired assistants to prepare foods that will be served to guests at a dinner party. This could be for a formal sit down dinner, or for a buffet style event.
Specific duties include:
- Create a customized meal plan
- Shop for groceries (at markets, grocery stores, etc.)
- Shop for specialty items (organic, gluten-free, nut-free, etc.)
- Put food away and store properly
- Stock the pantry with the client's favourite items
- Be diligent with food handling skills
- Provide easy-to-read preparation instructions for clients
- Clean up and sanitize
- Keep up with nutritional information
- Listen and understand client needs
- Improve culinary techniques
- As a personal chef, she shall be required to be accessible to employers at any given time. Even though she may live with employer, she will be required to maintain a professional distance and not overstep any boundaries.
- A thorough background check shall be carried out on the prospective chef will sign a non-disclosure agreement with employer, subject to employment. She will also be required to undergo medical examination, details of which she will disclose to employer on confidential basis.
- Salary range is N720, 000 – N960, 000p.a. gross.