Catering and House Keeping Supervisor / Manager
Final Report to
Rig Manager and Executive Director Services
- General Qualifications: Successful completion of studies in a recognized culinary school. Must be able to cook intercontinental, continental and local cuisine.
- A degree hospitality management will be an advantage.
- Must have Basic food hygiene certificate Desirable, Intermediate food hygiene certificate Desirable, Suitable catering qualification (City & Guilds 706/1, NVQ Level II or equivalent) Desirable
- Experience: Work requires a minimum of 5 years of progressive culinary management experience.
- Advanced understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Previous kitchen management/supervisory experience required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, and other employees of the organization
- Must be physically fit as the job is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and smell. Frequently required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
- Work requires communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Knowledge of food service & preparation Essential, Knowledge of Health & Safety Essentials
- Good attitude & highly motivated with passion for delivering a positive customer experience Essential
- Enjoys a busy working environment and is able to cope under pressure Essential
- An excellent communicator
- Committed, flexible, and adaptable to change Essential
- A well organized and efficient person- Essential
- Available to work irregular hours and at short notice Essential
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to take the initiative and lead others
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good diplomatic skill
- Basic understanding of how to carry out plumbing and electrical repairs
- The ability to think critically over housekeeping issues and proffer cost-effective solutions
- Proficiency in the use of information and communication technology tools is a plus
- Responsible for planning all menus to include recipes and portion specifications in accordance with recommendations.
- Prepare culinary delights for our guests and owners and execute the menu, ensuring a high level of performance and guest satisfaction. Guest satisfaction in our dining room revolves around the food appearance, high quality of the food and overall dining experience.
- Responsible for creating daily menus, preparation of food items and maintaining cleanliness in all areas of the kitchen.
- Participate in actual food preparation, produce food consistently high quality, taste and presentation and expedite during peak meal periods as needed
- Oversee food inventory, quality and quantity of supplies and establish controls to minimize food and supply waste. Manage the planning, scheduling, supervision of work in assigned areas to ensure proper distribution of assignments, adequate manning and facilities for performance of duties, and prompt and efficient preparation of foods to meet the menu requirements.
- Maintain and administer standards for food production to include; food handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, safety, and employee hygiene in compliance with appropriate and procedures and related health regulations.
- Oversee activities relates to catering; including culinary instruction and the demonstration of culinary techniques.
- Ensure food production quality standards are met and amounts are sufficient to meet expected needs; work with dieticians to develop a variety of meal programs to provide numerous healthy choices to the diverse campus population.
- Plan and conduct meetings with staff to ensure compliance with practices, and policies and to keep employees abreast of current changes and standards; Identify and analyze training needs and design and implementation programs to address deficiencies.
- Design meal programs to support specialty areas on campus; to include but not limited to vegan meals, allergen friendly foods and other options to support the diversity of the company’s contract.
- Stay abreast of trends and patterns within the industry and make recommendations for changes to the food timetable program.
- Manage budgetary decisions related to the efficient running of the culinary operations in Dining Services.
- Develop budgetary recommendations based on fiscal requirements; ensure compliance with established budget; implement appropriate action to eliminate any budget variances.
- Ensure all food is prepared as per food preparation requirements
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available for the various areas
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Prepare daily pastry and bakery requirements as per the menu
- Protect the safety of self, co-workers and guests at all times.
- Report any potentially harmful equipment or situations to the immediate supervisor without delay.
- Report safety-related accidents and incidents at once to immediate supervisor.
- Follow all company and department safety policies and procedures.
- Operate equipment in a safe manner that will not lead to injury of yourself or others
- Be available for functions as they arise to ensure that the food is prepared and served as required