Care International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
Location: Yusufari & Nguru, Yobe
Slots: 1 per location
Position Type: Short term
Duration: 1 month
- Ensures high quality cash transfer programming in line with generally accepted standards, supports the operation and implementation of cash transfer programming
- Responsible for the selection and verification of project beneficiaries in coordination with community committee and authorities and the use of selection criteria
- Ensure a realistic project implementation plan and develop project implementation tools.
- Actively engage and support to develop community sensitization activities on selection criteria, cash redemption process and feedback mechanism.
- Develop distribution plans for cash and share with Program Manager for final approval.
- Organize cash distributions considering safety and security of staff engaged and beneficiaries and in a dignified manner for beneficiaries.
- External - day to day coordination of activities with community leaders, local government officials and security officials.
Qualifications & Experience Required Education
- Minimum 1 year in similar positions/experience (programme support, field experience) including a variety of cash modalities, i.e., cash for work, vouchers and large scale cash distributions.
- Experience in conducting assessments and supporting analysis of results
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relations with multicultural and multi ethnic teams, including working with partner organizations.
- Good communication skills, ability to convey complex information in a straightforward manner.
- A sound understanding of the importance of integrating gender and diversity into emergency response programmes.
- Attention to detail and critical analysis.
- Fluency in English and local languages of the communities to be served
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.