An Offshore Catering Company providing catering and housekeeping services for companies in the oil and gas sector.
- Responsible for providing cost-effective quality services in a safe and healthy manner
- Prepare and monitor menus to ensure nutritional balance
- Ensure conformance with all occupational, health, safety and hygiene standards
- Control all food stocks and housekeeping items within agreed quality standards, inventory levels and budgetary constraints
- Liaise and co-operate with the OIM, Medic and other departments on catering and hygiene issues
- Responsible for operational activities in the camp or rig under his supervision, ensuring the daily good management of the location.
- Responsible for requests made to warehouse, stocking and stock checking in addition to cost control reporting according to the rules made by the Company, always ensuring a minimum stock quantity for each item.
- Monitor inventory with reported expiry date of all products, keep a record and recap of the weekly menu agreed with the Client, duly signed by the Client and Camp Boss and sent to the main office, with all documents.
- Ensure that the Local staff Time sheet and attendance register are filled in.
- Responsible for the effective cleaning of the kitchen and all its corresponding areas, the dining area and stores, in accordance with the food Hygiene and Safety rules.
- Supervise the preparation of all meals and ensure that menus established are being adhered to.
- Ensure that all food, products and merchandise are in conformity with the Company standards.
- Ensure that all staff wear PPE, clean uniforms at all times and that the food handling staff wear disposable hand gloves and hats at all times.
- Conduct induction and training for all catering staff
- Ensure equipment operation and report defects to OIM
- Perform standard administration procedures and provide accurate and timely information and reports
- Qualified Chef with 5-10 years relevant experience in food preparation and housekeeping provision for offshore/remote sites with at least 3 years in a supervisory position.
- Knowledge in regulatory and food and housekeeping industry codes and standards.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment which expects the highest level of quality and customer service.
- Leadership and teamwork skills which support team-based organization
- Ability to read and communicate fluently in the English language
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- Must possess a valid BOSIET Certificate
- High visionary and strategic thinking/ planning ability
- Managerial and leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Company’s service sector
- Team building ability
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical and numerate skills
- Energy, drive and initiative
- Relationship management skills.
- Salary is competitive and slightly pegged above the industry average.