- Assist the ED, Corporate Strategy & Administration on analytical tasks impacting Strategy and Administration within the Holding company’s subsidiaries and functional areas.
- Assist Executive Management with the analytics required during strategy formulation and implementation across businesses and functional areas.
- Assist with the groundwork and development of business cases and business plans within the Holding company’s subsidiaries and functional areas.
- Work through special projects across multiple functional areas and companies and collaborate closely with personnel in each area
- Work closely with Executive management to drive end to end project resolution, including problem definition, solution development, options assessment, and recommendations.
- Support recommendations and decisions through market research, benchmarking, quantitative analytics, and synthesis of options.
- Function as team member in a variety of strategy and business development projects, including emerging business opportunities, acquisitions, joint ventures, etc
- Assist Executive Management in the development of content for both internal and external communication with stakeholders.
- Call a time out for safety [TOFS] once a work hazard is identified.
- Carry out duties in a safe manner in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe area for assigned tasks
- Participate in monthly safety meetings
- Participate in emergency drills, respond to emergency situations, and operate emergency tools and equipment per designated duties
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process I
- Meet training requirements as per applicable matrix as communicated by management II
- Awareness, understanding and application of company quality policy on assigned jobs
- Awareness, understanding and application departmental /process quality objectives
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the company’s QMS, including the benefits of improved performance including associated opportunities for improvement of processes assigned
- Awareness of the implications of not conforming with the Company QMS requirements including associated risks for the processes assigned
Qualification and Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of BSc. in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Business Administration or any quantitative field
- 1- 3 years’ experience in Analytics, Strategy, Consulting or Market Research
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Familiarity with MS Access and/or other databases and statistical software a plus
Skill, Experience and Physical Requirements:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, be highly collaborative and able to influence others
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and effectively prioritize work tasks
- Comfortable with and have an eagerness to tackle ambiguous problems or tasks
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary internal and external customer service
- Must work in accordance with all policies and procedures of the company
DEFINITION OF DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- Authority I: To act.
- Authority II: To act but inform the supervisor and/or other interested parties.
- Authority III: To obtain a supervisor’s approval before acting.
- The above is not a complete list of duties but a guide as tasks and objectives can change depending on needs.