Human Leadership Resources Limited is a group of highly versatile and professional Human Resources consultants with a core understanding of the African business terrain. We offer fit-for-purpose solutions that ensure optimum productivity of the people side of business. The focus of HLR is to ensure the best partnership between people and organizations through the identification of client focus areas, counsel (consultation), design & deployment of apt solutions to client businesses. With a practical view of client issues, at HLR we go the extra mile to ensure that we deliver unique solutions. At HLR, no one-size fits all! In a nutshell, HLR exists to help client organizations to deliver on their business objectives by designing and enhancing their people strategies, structures and systems to moderate desired success. Paying attention to the realities, HLR adopts a flex to fit approach. We are a company focused on helping our clients to achieve the critical synergy between people and organizational goals/directions.
Working with little supervision, this role is responsible for prospecting new businesses and managing existing accounts with the aim of increasing revenue. The candidate is responsible for an annual target and shall provide a strategy to accomplish or exceed objectives.
- Business Management Develop new prospect funnel opportunities, convert them into accounts, manage revenue generation,Support company business development strategy
- Support the proposals/bid process
- Monitoring prospect portals for business opportunities
- Support the preparation and defence of business cases for prospects (including research, risk assessments, projections, etc.)
- Deliver account growth by identifying opportunities, generating and following workplans, reporting progress on a weekly basis
- Research and identify revenue opportunities and partner deals and follow through to ultimate execution/revenue generating success
- Support cost-effective initiatives(CEI), demonstrating use of CEI through work practices
- Provide regular reports related to activities, progress on targets and tasks
- Support the evaluation of new business ventures (cost estimates, economic evaluation, risk analysis, due diligence etc.
- Client Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain close, trustworthy relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Maintain client database and knowledge repository with up-to-date activity, forecast and opportunity information
- Use innovation to meet and surpass client needs
Comply with regulations, standards, policies and procedures; contribute to reviews of company standards and operating practices
Responsible for updating personal development, taking on additional tasks and participating in the organization’s initiative; explore and contribute to learning opportunities.
HSE: Participate in applicable HSE activities of the organization; contribute to achieving HSE targets
Quality & Risk Management
Work according to quality & risk management policies/requirements.
Apply risk-based thinking to relevant aspects of work practice.
Participate in risk identification, assessment, evaluation and reporting.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline, MBA or Masters equivalent
3-5 years industry experience in commercial or business development roles
Extensive network in and good knowledge of the industry
Proven track record of new business an added advantage
Excellent reporting, analytical skills and research ability
Above average relationship management skills: communication (listening and verbal, presentation skills)
Influencing and negotiation skills
Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
Demonstrated ability to solve problems
Demonstrated project management and planning skills
Transparency, accountability and honesty
High levels of self-motivation, initiative and commitment to deliver
Work characteristics: When working in the office, this role benefits from a controlled work environment. Some research, most of the networking and prospecting shall be performed out of office. This role however, is performed in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.