Nugwa Design Enterprise seeks qualified female candidates to fill this role
A female business development officer is responsible for obtaining profitable results through the Creative Director by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development. He/she is expected to have medium product knowledge of the products and services in the fashion (Footwears, Bags and Apparel) and body care industries. He/she is responsible for the following:
- Work with the Creative Director to ensure consistent lead generation.
- Support the Creative Director in preparing and implementing annual work and resource plans; support their applicability within the overall company strategy
- Work with Creative Director to generate ideas for sales contests and motivational Initiatives
- Identifies business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analyzing sales options Promote business development opportunities in Nigeria
- Act as Sales, Business development & marketing representative for all products
- Organize, manage and develop contacts, accounts, leads, and opportunities.
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly revenue forecasts that are aligned with the industry’s revenue targets.
- Meet new and existing clients as necessary, performing demonstrations of Products that is specifically marketed to meet the client’s business needs.
- Attend industry trade shows/exhibitions as required.
- Be familiar with pricing and which product and service to market to which customer.
- Develop sales strategies and track the progress of the sales stages and report on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with internal and external team members to ensure smooth process of a project, liaising with both to manage issues and contacting senior management in exceptional situations.
- Sells products by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospects; recommending solutions
- Maintains relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements
- Organizing sales visits and Establishing new businesses
- Demonstrating/Presenting Products, and Negotiating Contracts
- Making accurate cost calculations to provide customers with quotations
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets of the organization through effective planning and budgeting.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to your line manager
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Embody company culture and maintain high sales employee engagement
- Collaborate with production team on sales technology initiatives
- Meet pre-determined revenue goals through the activities of direct reports
- Ensure correct usage of Excel and other sales applications
- Train and ensure adherence to sales process
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ensure that all sales representative activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the Company’s Code of Conduct.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Review your own sales performance
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Liaise with production team and other professionals for problem resolution
- Other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor and management
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Proper use of Social Media
- IT skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Marketing Concepts
- Understanding the Customer and Client Relationships
- Extensive commercial “solutions” and negotiating skills
- Self-starter self-disciplined and target focused but able to work in a team matrix environment.
- Demonstrates drive, passion, and flexibility.
- Works well under pressure.
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Must be willing to travel for