Human Leadership Resources Limited is a group of highly versatile and professional Human Resources consultants with a core understanding of the African business terrain. We offer fit-for-purpose solutions that ensure optimum productivity of the people side of business. The focus of HLR is to ensure the best partnership between people and organizations through the identification of client focus areas, counsel (consultation), design & deployment of apt solutions to client businesses. With a practical view of client issues, at HLR we go the extra mile to ensure that we deliver unique solutions. At HLR, no one-size fits all! In a nutshell, HLR exists to help client organizations to deliver on their business objectives by designing and enhancing their people strategies, structures and systems to moderate desired success. Paying attention to the realities, HLR adopts a flex to fit approach. We are a company focused on helping our clients to achieve the critical synergy between people and organizational goals/directions.
Working with little supervision, this role is responsible for prospecting new businesses and managing existing accounts with the aim of increasing revenue. The candidate is responsible for an annual target and shall provide a strategy to accomplish or exceed objectives.
- Develop new prospect funnel opportunities, convert them into accounts, manage revenue generation.
- Support the development and implementation of company business development strategy.
- Manage the proposals/bid process, oversee budget, pricing, commercial, technical aspects, proposal development and presentations.
- Prepare and defend business cases for opportunities (including research, risk assessments, projections, etc.)
- Deliver account growth through prospecting and identifying market opportunities, originating and pursuing relevant leads, expanding current projects, to meet the strategic objectives of the business.
- Provide regular reports on market intelligence, industry knowledge and activity, to enable flow of operational information; coordinate information gathering and industry analysis to provide relevant information.
- Coordination of evaluation for new business ventures including project estimating, economic evaluation, benchmarking, risk analysis, due diligence, etc.
- Manage the proposal development process and maintain the time-lines for the proposal teams.
- Coordinate support for country growth aspirations and establishment of corporate business management processes.
- Lead the business planning and forecasting function, prepare and update technical and business information documents and prequalify for potential projects (bids and application for permits).
- Providing management with market feedback, set sales targets and define strategy to achieve these targets and to follow the set strategy punctually.
Client Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain close, trustworthy relationships with key clients and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain client database and knowledge repository with up-to-date activity, forecast and opportunity information.
- Comply with regulations and standards – company, legal, national and global
Responsible for updating personal development, taking on additional tasks and participating in the organization’s initiative; explore and contribute to learning opportunities.
- Reflect leadership qualities, guidance and integrity to set model and example for all subordinates and encouraging adherence to professional code of ethics
Participate in applicable HSE activities of the organization; contribute to achieving HSE targets.
Quality & Risk Management
- Work according to quality & risk management policies/requirements.
- Apply risk-based thinking to relevant aspects of work practice.
- Participate in risk identification, assessment, evaluation and reporting.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Engineering discipline, MBA or Masters equivalent
- 7-10 years industry experience in commercial or business development roles
- Extensive network and knowledge in the industry
- Proven track record of new business an added advantage
- Excellent reporting, analytical skills and research ability
- Above average relationship management skills: communication (listening and verbal, presentation skills)
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Demonstrated project management and planning skills
- Transparency, accountability and honesty
- High levels of self-motivation, initiative and commitment to deliver
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.