There is an ongoing Agric revolution that has been re-introduced to the Nigerian climate, it is being further driven by ongoing Agric Initivatives by both the Private Sector and at Government Level.
We are an Agri-Business Group and one of our business objectives is Commodity Trading of agro-products within and outside Nigeria
Our company is looking for a Products Manager whose core responsibility would be to manage our
Online Commodity Trading of agro-products i.e. sourcing, aggregating, buying and selling of agro commodities. The Products Manager is to operate and manage a sales business model that would drive the demand and supply of Agric Produce.
Responsible for Managing an Online Commodities and Trading Platform; Brokering Deals on the platform and ensuring that Demand requirements by potential ‘buyers’(off-takers) are met with Supply from the Agro Producers on a consistent basis.
Responsible for periodic Market Survey Data Analysis into Commodities Markets, both internationally and locally that would guide in Decision making as regards viable Farm Projects to embark on; and also explore the possibility of breaking into International Market Supply of Agro Commodities i.e. Export Opportunities
Developing Business Relationships and sign long term retainerships with FMCGs/Blue Chip Companies willing to Off-take farm produce. This will entail working with Product Specifications from the ‘buyers’ prior and during the Production, a process to ensure that Farm produce meets with the agreed specifications.
Aggregating Agri-Producers i.e. being able to co-ordinate and work with a group of Farming Co-operatives, Communities or otherwise; for the sole purpose of producing Agric commodities in accordance with specified variety, yield, quantity and quality of the produce. This could involve being involved in the life-cycle of the agric-produce from inception to completion.
The ideal candidate for this role must have the following:
- Must have proven experience in Trading in Agro-Commodities or in Agri-Business Finance, or in a similar capacity
- Must understand and have a firm grasp of the Agric Produce Eco-system within Nigeria and internationally
- Must be familiar with Farming Practices of different Farm Products
- Must have strong relationships with farmer communities across Nigeria
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Masters would be an advantage)
- Must have proven track record of Entrepreneurial achievements
- Must have strong Data Management and Analytical Skills
- Must be able to interpret and understand financial reports as relates to Agric Commodities/Produce
- Excellent Negotiation and Organization Skills
- Must have strong Leadership Skills
- Willingness to travel very often