We are launching soon! Join a team who support a technology start-up whose mission is to create industry-leading applications in areas of logistics, ecommerce, content management, and more.
About The Company
We are Funnel. We all work from our Lekki phase one HQ. We are dynamic, engaged, highly motivated and highly skilled. We are passionate about our work and our professions, and we’re looking for a few more team members to join our cause.
Responsible for establishing the presence of the company and its products, driving Funnel’s business and increasing its revenue, and identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Devise and implement a marketing strategy (offline and online) that will ensure the company exceeds its growth objectives
- Lead customer acquisition and client-relationship management
- Track new markets and emerging trends
- Recommend new products and services to the CEO
- Propose and develop new strategic partnerships
- Write proposals and plans
- Guide long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements
Details of Function
- Responsible for developing creative concepts and content for several online and offline promotional channels to ensure all messages are bold, strategic, timely, and on-brand.
- Execute online promotional tactics in support of marketing, communications, and outreach strategies, including live-tweeting, public contests, surveys, photo and video-sharing.
- Responsible for creating innovative content for the Funnel’s website, social networks, mobile app and emails.
- Maintain online content on a day-to-day basis and respond to inquiries and comments from all social media channels in a timely fashion (willingness to collaborate with staff to resolve reader concerns/questions).
- Develop creative new ideas to integrate online initiatives with Funnel’s other communications channels.
- Lead the development of online communication channels.
- Write and develop monthly e-newsletter and other promotional emails. Oversee the e-newsletter production process and editorial calendar.
- Stay current on emerging news topics by actively exploring online publications. Write online news releases and media advisories for all our online platforms.
- Develop and maintain online guidelines, web style guide and training resources.
- Represent the CEO and company in meetings with critical stakeholders
- Work with the CEO to identify and develop Funnel’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities directed at key decision makers.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization.
- Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to each prospect. Monitor actions and results against plans.
- Understand and monitor the market for information and creative trends (networking with major players, attending industry functions and events, and monitoring industry publications and research).
- Research and prospect for new customers to ensure a robust pipeline of engagements within the market.
- Build relationships with the decision makers within the client organization.
- Plan deal approaches and pitches.
- Educate team participants in customer culture, operational needs/methods and sales techniques needed to close the sale.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules etc.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customer’s value to the organization
- Create and manage a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas
- Handle follow-up related to the sale, and drive completion of contractual documents.
- Maintain high visibility within customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by regular communication with customer.
- Plan and coordinate all customer sales activities.
- Develop a system to record all customer sales related activities.
- Carrying out such other reasonable duties as may be required by the Chief Executive Officer
- Bachelor's degree with concentration in Marketing, Journalism/Media, Communications, Business or any other related field.
- Minimum two to three years of professional experience working with online social networks and producing creative content in support of marketing initiatives.
- Exemplary verbal and written communications skills (including experience proofreading).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a broad range of people and positions.
- Ability to combine creativity with strategic thinking and effective project management.
- Qualitative results using the following social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Strong digital copywriting, design, content marketing, and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, AdWords, and any other industry tools
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency in online content management systems and Microsoft Office suite including Excel and Word; Working knowledge of HTML; CSS a plus.
- Strong work ethic, detail-oriented.
- Ability to act quickly and think creatively.
- Will be expected to spend time outside during community outreach events and/or campaigns.