GRIT Systems Engineering Limited is an energy monitoring solutions provider that builds web-enabled multi-source smart meters for mixed power supply systems, helping clients to find cost-effective solutions for power supply in an under electrified environment. Our systems can infer resource usage and running costs of different types of power sources. For example, the grid, inverters, generators, solar, gas etc. Our devices are also able to identify issues with power quality and power theft.
- We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager (BDM) to identify sales prospects and leads, pitch and sell goods and services offered by GRIT systems and maintain good relationships with customers and end users. As a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the BDM will perform as the primary ambassador of the company and will be charged with the creation and implementation of an innovative, effective sales strategies that would position GRIT Systems as a top performer in Nigeria. One key performance indicator of the BDM is to drive sustainable financial growth through increased sales and build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers and facilitate business meetings with prospective clients.
- Locate and propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners by discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Identify game-changing ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements, tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law, established rules and guidelines.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after sales support while developing entry level staff into valuable sales agents.
- Evaluate potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements and financials.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying the integration of new ventures with company strategies and operations, examining risks and opportunities and estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Minimum of OND or equivalent
- Proven working experience as a business development manager in a relevant Engineering firm with relevant market knowledge.
- Proven sales track record
- Proficiency in English, MS Office and CRM software
- Articulate with exemplary written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize high-value tasks, time management and project management skills
- Excellent people skills, ability to build rapport, business acumen and exemplary work ethic and integrity
- Experience in customer support is a plus