- Create, develop and exploit commercial opportunities to increase the company’s income through existing and new clients
- Constantly appraise executive management of the commercial activity, market opportunities, status, trends and business developments;
- Produce and deliver a sales action plan which supports the company’s strategic objectives, achieving sales targets and using initiative to take corrective measures as desired
- Managing rights and obligations under the company’s key commercial agreements and other regulatory bodies;
- Providing ad-hoc and on-going decision support to the promoters by engaging in data analysis, risk/return analysis, research and market assessment activities for varying business scenarios;
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality throughout: on current business activities, short-long term plans, proposals under scrutiny and any other activity related to the business;
- Monitor industry legislative developments and other statutory regulations in order to maintain compliance and maximize business performance;
- Develop and maintain an excellent and profitable rapport with key stakeholders such as clients, suppliers, community organisations, regulatory bodies etc.;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts as well as following up on business pitches
- A degree in Business Management or a similar qualification
- At least three years’ experience in a Commercial and Business Management role
- Organized, meticulous, and confident;
- Strategic thinker with the ability to innovate, change or transform ideas into opportunities
- Stakeholder management skills
- Multitasking capabilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Good computer (Microsoft Office) Skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated business development and financial skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of overall team structure
- Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
- An excellent communicator that motivates and empowers others to stretch themselves and reach high goals