John Haris Construction - We offer general contracting, construction management, and design-build services to private and public companies for projects of all sizes - from a single office fit-up to treatment plants valued at over $250 million.
- JohnHaris Construction is looking for a highly motivated, innovative, business development professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 3-10 years of building relationships in construction with a proven track record.
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing new business opportunities and managing relationships with clients, project managers, designers, brokers, and healthcare institutions.
- Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities.
- Create and expand the firm footprint and build positive top of mind awareness.
- Attend industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and other key indicators to the management team.
- Coordinate and assist in the proposal process with firm’s marketing and project management teams.
- Introduce partners, directors and managers to qualified prospective clients and assist with managing the sales cycle for efficient, solutions-based, business development pursuits
- Work collaboratively with firm partners, senior leaders and marketing team members to execute practice development strategies and market penetration
- Provide input into strategy development relative to sales methodologies, service product development and key industry marketing initiatives
- Gather competitive intelligence and knowledge surrounding industry trends, share insights with client services, marketing and sales teams
- Document business development activity with prospective clients to track and manage sales-related information in Firm’s client relationship management system (CRM) system
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Master’s Degree or other applicable advanced degree desired
- 3 - 10 years of business development experience, selling professional services highly desired
- Deep industry or service line experience within the relevant vertical or service line
- Experienced and comfortable utilizing a CRM system
- Successful track record of achieving business development goals for a professional services firm
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
- Outstanding presentation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to grasp emerging technical issues and become conversant quickly.
- Maturity and adaptability - ability to interface with a variety of personality profiles.
- Ability to travel as needed.
How to Apply?
Please login to see application instructions.