Responsibilities and Duties
- creates and execute strategies to achieve both foreign and local direct investment from multilateral institutions, parastatals and corporate organizations.
- Plays pivotal role in increasing revenue by managing and negotiating with potential donors, generating leads, qualifying prospects and managing for successful outcome.
- Identifies potential donors and partners and complete appropriate research on the prospective donor’s business and their strategic intent.
- Develops relationship with partners, donors and other prospective clients while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Market to potential donors and partners via telephone as well as conduct in-person meetings with key decision makers for the purpose of marketing the services to prospective clients and building on existing relationships.
- Identifies new opportunities and markets for the organisation’s need through in-depth understanding of what is needed to project the organisation’s brand.
- Works with other team members to agree positioning strategies for the organisation.
- Responsible for work planning against objectives set in agreement with the Managing Director.
- Works strategically by carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes necessary for optimum performance.
- Agrees and establish systems for the effective financial management of the organization.
- Provides monthly financial outlay, forecasts, performance report and other KPIs for the organization.
- Complies with all relevant policies and procedures.
- Partners with sale teams to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve objectives and the organization’s goals.
- Strong networking capacity will include all levels of Foundations, Trusts, Government and Corporate donors.
- Some expertise within the Public relations and Communications environment
- Sound managerial capacity and ability to handle all aspects of staff management
- Having a proactive, self-motivated and motivating style to ensure that this team continually meets targets.
- An excellent command of English and be able to produce top quality proposals and grant applications.
- Being able to contribute to the growth and strategic development of this organisation into the future.
- Excellent administrative, budgetary, and planning capacity within this Department.
Desired Skills and Experience
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must be a winner with a great attitude.
- Ready for local and regional travel, with heavy phone usage daily.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Good communication skills and proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must able to work well in a group and independently.
- Both methodical and creative.
Helpful Qualifications / Non-requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of the market including key industries, key contacts and the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Work IQ Attitude
Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Teamwork: Play a key team player role and set examples to team and others contributing to the success of achieving a shared goal.
Commitment: Manifesting a steadfast courageous and loyal commitment to the organisational and the team.
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings on time.
Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources;
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process, makes timely decisions and explains reasoning for decisions.
Productivity: Completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase quantity; works quickly and effectively with minimal supervisory oversight.