MicroEnsure provides first-of-its-kind microinsurance solutions through the use of technology and other innovative distribution channels to benefit millions of people in the developing world.
- The Business Development Executive will need to develop and deliver new partnerships with distributors that will include banks, mobile money and digital financial solutions providers and microfinance institutions.
- The Business Development Executive will work closely with the Global Business Solutions Manager, supported by the Country Manager who will also continue to be supportive in developing key partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of potential distribution partners; leveraging connections in the wider industry to unlock a wide range of opportunities for MicroEnsure
- Maintain reports of pipeline development activities, including updates on key meetings with prospects
- Develop and present clear proposals and presentations for prospective partners
- Pitch MicroEnsure as a preferred partner to potential distribution partners; this will require the ability to be able to work and build relations with both middle management of our partners as well as to perform well in high pressure “set stage” presentations in the board room of larger organizations
- Help secure signed Non-Disclosure agreement with potential partners as well as the required data necessary for other colleagues to build detailed business cases, being tenacious in following up to secure what is needed for the project to maintain momentum
- Under guidance from business solutions analysts, utilise and manage MicroEnsure’s business case models to help secure a go-decision from potential partners which will include the ability to dynamically alter the proposition in order to secure approval to proceed
- Work with business solutions analysts to prepare and submit proposed projects through the Decision Gate process
- Finding new models and opportunities. Development of new partnerships using tried and tested models and products in an innovative format.
- Contribute on how MicroEnsure’s models and products can be adapted to new kinds of partners or how models could be altered to generate new opportunities, working in collaboration with our the strategy team.
- Become a trusted member of the MicroEnsure management team and contribute toward MicroEnsure’s strategic aims
- Degree educated as a minimum
- 5+ years’ experience in developing and locking B2B business deals of financial products
- Experience of working with insurance companies and/ or banks or microfinance banks in the country will be preferred
- Knowledge of the country’s financial industry will be essential
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, including using these tools to present materials orally and in written form
- Experience working across teams internally and externally - be able to work with middle management as well as C-Team and Boards
- Experienced in client and stakeholder management and executing communication plans
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to concurrently work on multiple large projects, in different phases
- Strong self-starter able to perform tasks with minimal input
- Commitment to model and articulate MicroEnsure’s mission, vision and values
- Fluency in spoken and written English essential.