A Lagos based company is seeking a Business Development Executive to join our expanding sales team. Our Sales Executives complete most of their work in the field visiting prospective, current, and past customers to sell and to maintain contracts for clients.
This role requires the highest levels of initiative, creative thinking and communication skills to establish and grow, long-lasting relationships with clients.
In addition to maximizing direct sales opportunities and growing strategic relationships, our sales executives also:
- Attend approved sales meetings, functions, conferences, convention, shows and expos.
- Collate activity information digitally, reporting back against budget, sales and revenue targets as set by the Regional Director, and producing forecasts.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Process customer orders and ensure all administration for sales is completed effectively.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotes for current and prospective customers.
- Maintain strong, ongoing working relationships with existing customers in order to enhance the customer experience resulting in incremental unit growth and referrals.
- Routinely seek feedback from customers and partners to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Introduce clients to the products by conducting presentations to clients.
- Provide routine feedback and support to Senior Officer or Director.
- Investigate and resolve queries from customers.
What We Want You To Accomplish:
- Drive monthly sales growth by at least 55% per month.
- Establish partnerships with a minimum number of clients - target to be determined on appointment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced target driven role.
- Multiple examples of individual sales proficiency and a demonstrated history of effective public presentations to audiences of 1 to 300.
- A demonstrated history of creating channel partnerships from concept to execution, driving profitable results.
- Proven ability to plan, operate, and execute independently in ambiguous environments with competing priorities.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills, customer commitment and ethical standards.
- Creative decision-making skills, a proven ability to work independently and to make compelling and innovative recommendations to senior leadership.
- A highly motivated, goal-oriented self-starter, who enjoys working in a sales environment and exceeding expectations.
- Appearance presents well
Education / Certification Required:
- Willing to travel within and outside of Lagos as required. (Being a driver and car owner is a distinct advantage, *but not essential*).
- Willing to work occasional weekends as required.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your CV and a cover letter
Final confirmation into contract will be based on first month's performance.