A firm in the finance sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
The Officer will be responsible for all business development and procurement activities in the group. The officer will also support in the development of new business opportunities as well as support strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, build, manage and maintain solid relationships beneficial to goals and overall growth strategy of the company.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the BD lead to develop strategic relationships with prospective clients and relevant stakeholders;
- Organize technical evaluation of bids and ensure Purchase Orders comply with appropriate specifications, conditions and clauses;
- Participate in RFQ’s and prepare competitive Pre-qualifications bidding documentation as well as tender bid packages;
- Generate Request for Quotation (RFQs) and issue Purchase Order (PO) to clients;
- Maintain and manage certifications and permits with Regulatory bodies (DPR, NAPIMS, NIPEX, NCDMB) and ensure renewal before expiration;
- Support with negotiating contract specification with OEMs, end-users and vendors;
- Prepare and provide management with weekly/monthly activity reports, business reviews, presentations and campaign feedback;
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiatives;
- Develop a statutory document tracker, ensuring that all relevant documentations are up-to-date;
- Develop business products, services, value proposition and implement strategic business development plan to include target market, target accounts, sales revenue goals and objectives;
- Take charge of sourcing, analyzing and processing technical tender as well as attending pre-tender meetings;
- Research and set up meetings with prospective partners/OEMs (foreign and Local) that can assist with the services provided by the company;
- Process vendor registration applications with IOCs and attend follow up meetings.
- Coordinate all bidding activities including: preparation of RFP documents, formulation of pricing strategy with end user, review of scope of work, pre-bid meetings, bid openings, coordination of technical evaluation, commercial evaluation and contract award;
- Develop KPI's and Contract Scorecards for performance measurement of contractors and suppliers.
- Work closely with planning team and ensure efficient supplier management;
- Manage Service level agreements and contracts with service providers;
- Ensure proper planning for decision makers by acting as Market intelligence support;
- Facilitate quarterly contract review meetings with key Suppliers and internal stakeholders to measure Suppliers’ performance against set KPI’s;
- Identify opportunities for service improvement for both direct & indirect purchases.
- Identify and select suppliers based on competitive price, quality, lead time, and continuous price renegotiation where necessary;
Experience and Qualification
- A first degree or its equivalent in business admin or any related discipline.
- Professional certification e.g CIM, ISMM
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years core experience handling BD/procurement (preferably including pharmaceutical and oil and gas procurement)
- Experience in procurement planning, product selection, negotiating prices and terms of payment, competitive bid document formulation, bid review and contract formulation;
- Proven track record for building and sustaining relevant relationships;
- Demonstratable understanding and application of complex sales techniques and track record creating, negotiating and closing large-scale deals;
- Excellent analytical, detail oriented, written and verbal communication skills;
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines;
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail and a positive attitude to work
- Excellent time management and organization
- Good negotiation and initiative skill
- Great relationship management skill.
How to Apply
Send application with updated resume by email. The subject of the email must read “the title of the role applied for”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.