REPORTING TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
DIRECT REPORTS: PROJECT SUPERVISOR and CLIENT SERVICES OFFICER
TRAVEL FREQUENCY: OFTEN
Sapio Utilities is an indigenous power management company, the Business Development Manager should be a self-driven individual with experience in business development, project management, contracts drafting, negotiations, and investment analysis. Experience in the power industry is an advantage.
Deliverables may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a key member of the team for Business Development to drive the overall market and technical strategy for the firm.
- Lead the project team and oversee all project activities
- Facilitate the processing and acquisition of all necessary documents including GSPAs and operating licenses
- Project documentation, project briefs, end-stage reports, highlight reports and business cases
- Negotiate terms of client agreements
- Market analysis to identify service gaps and potential opportunities to deliver power management services.
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Manage contractors responsible for the design and preparation of engineering drawings, site work, mechanical, electrical and gas equipment installation.
- Project planning, resource allocation and monitoring estimating and budget management.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree, MBA preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or any related field from an accredited college or university. PMP certified.
Functional Skills and work Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with a combination of engineering, business development and project management.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical power information, engineering plans and specifications
- Strong negotiation skills
- Up to date knowledge on Government Laws/Regulations as it relates to the power industry
- Experience with substations, power transmission and/or electric utility projects.
- Must be technically capable of interacting with customers in discussion around potential engineered solutions
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong Networking skills
- The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive. The employee will be working in a highly flexible environment and is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities as appropriate.