- Reports To: Head, Brands & Corporate Communications
- Supervises: Social Media and Digital Executive
Job Duties/ Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Assist in the design and implementation of the annual marketing plan
- Support and facilitate development and implementation of segment level business/marketing plans.
- Translate business unit objectives and strategies to develop brand portfolio objectives, strategies and plans to facilitate business unit growth.
- Develop marketing strategy, based on knowledge of company policy, nature of the market, copyright and royalty requirements, and cost and mark-up factors.
- Assist in the planning and administration of the Marketing budget;
- Manage marketing suppliers
- Negotiates with media agents to secure agreements for translation of materials into other media.
- Edits materials according to specific market or customer requirements.
- Develop promotional materials including marketing collateral and print copies
- Liaises with sales business on development activities
- Offer to coach for prospective client meetings, presentations, etc.
- Work with regional offices on designing and implementing prospecting and client contact systems.
- Oversee corporate communications activities
- External communications and systems
- Internal communications and systems
- Public relations efforts
- External vendors and consultants
- Develop and administer company brands
- Manage external marketing partners such as advertising agencies, digital marketing firms, and production companies
- Supervise a brand’s architecture, content, and function, and manage access to brand assets
- Develop brand standards and usage guidelines and assist with integrating campaigns with brand consistency
- A good degree from an accredited University.
- Experience 5 - 8 years
Key Competencies Requirements:
- Understanding of Marketing Communications and Brand Management principles.
- Creating detailed Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reports for internal stakeholders outlining recent performance, Progress, and future initiatives
- Clear interpretation of the brand manual.
- Creative/strategy critique acumen.
- Ownership of interaction with Agencies and vendors and on all collaterals.
- Effective coordination across all departments for the proper execution of marketing programs.
- Reporting on New product suggestions, Modifications to current products based on consumer feedback
- Weekly Store Visits, Proper deployment of POS materials to stores
- Top quality branding, renewals with regulatory bodies and Reporting
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to think clearly, analytically and must be able to argue constructively.
- Ability to lead and manage other agencies and cross-functional teams.
- Establish a strong professional relationship with all other staff in the organization.
- Positive self –starter who likes challenges and is willing to work hard with strong multitasking abilities.
- Possesses a professional appearance and demeanour.
- Strong ability to maintain and establish relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly, comprehensively and with complete professional and personal integrity.
- Must have a strong socialite and attend and participate in networking groups and industry events’.
- Personal effectiveness must be a key driver
Profile-type: Background experience in advertising agencies and recent/current work experience in a commercial company.