Patabah Books Limited is a Nigerian-owned company, which was set-up in 1987 to cater to book-lovers. Over the years, Patabah has grown into a one-stop shop for books, greeting cards, stationery and gift items.
Patabah’s mission is to encourage knowledge-seeking and nurture creativity by providing a diverse collection of books and unique gifts to its clients, as well as through its regular book readings.
The Retail Assistant helps customers find the merchandize they are looking for and make sure that they have a pleasant shopping experience.
The primary responsibilities of the Retail Assistant are to:
o Attend to Customers
o Help customers find the merchandize they want or suggest relevant products to them.
o Ring-up purchases and attend to all customer inquiries.
o Shelving and Display
o Assist in creating attractive displays of merchandise and keep shelves tidy.
o Cleaning and Maintenance
o Clean the shop space daily and keep the merchandise clean and in good condition.
o Other Duties as Required
The ideal candidate must:
· Be well-spoken and able to communicate effectively with others
· Read books regularly (can be fiction or nonfiction)
· Comfortable using computers and productivity applications (such as Microsoft Office Suite)
· Have a friendly disposition
· Work weeks are 5 days weekly (9am – 7pm) including one Saturday and occasional Sundays
· May be assigned tasks with changing priorities
· Job is based in Lagos, Nigeria