The Bookseller will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all activities within the Bookshop and assist customers in selecting books within the store. You will be responsible for keeping all sales records and taking stock of books in the store.
Attending to customers, dealing with enquiries and identifying customer needs.
- Answering customer queries regarding availability of books, book reviews, new
launches and prices of books.
Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of current book titles, changes in the markets, offering advice and recommending books where appropriate.
Processing customer orders, book reservations and handling payments.
Dealing with mail order, email and web-based orders and processing book deliveries or returns.
Maintaining a record of the books sold daily, weekly and monthly, updating the stocks accounts with the number of total sales on the date and submitting them to the Finance officer.
Check the stock of books in the store. Make a note of the books that need to be replaced. Place purchase orders with the vendors or publishing houses and complete the procedure for delivery of books.
Organising and participating in book events.
Reviewing sales performance and meeting sales targets.
Undertaking general housekeeping duties, such as unpacking, stock replenishment and tidying.
Knowledge, skills and experience
least 2 years of sales or marketing experience
- A keen interest in books
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- IT literacy, including knowledge of Microsoft excel and Microsoft word and the use of electronic point of sale (EPOS) technology.
- Must be polite and well-mannered and have the ability and confidence to deal with a range of people.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- The ability and confidence to deal with a range of people.
- Good general knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Excellent organisational skills.
A minimum of a National Diploma (or its equivalent)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.