Directs and organizes the activities of the bar and lounge to maintain high standards of beverage quality, service and marketing to maximize profits through outstanding customer service and ensuring guest satisfaction.
Skills and Knowledge
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to accomplish necessary tasks on a computer.
- Meet governmental regulations dealing with the sale of alcoholic beverages.
- Meet governmental health requirements.
- Knowledge of beverage operations, basic drink service and supervisory knowledge.
- Knowledge of beers, liquors and wines.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Minimum - BSc or HND graduate or equivalent required.
- Any additional certification/qualification in Management/Hospitality is an advantage.
- 2 years of experience as Manager role or similar role.
- 2 years of experience in customer service management.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge.
- Experience in event planning.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Overseeing the functions of the department to include general bar and lounge service to private functions.
- Monitoring the set-up of the bar, lounge, private functions and hospitalities.
- Making out liquor checks for lounge, bar, private functions, hospitalities, and any liquor for loyalty members.
- Coordinating private functions.
- Monitoring the lounge, private functions to see that areas are adequately staffed and begin on time.
- Assisting guest with any problems or needs.
- Directly supervising Department employees in order to fulfill client needs in accordance with BLVD policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest level of employee/guest relations.
- Reporting and following established company procedures on any disciplinary problems or deviations from normal procedures to the Admin/HR Manager and reporting any extraordinary circumstances directly to the General Manager.
- Adhere to the policies of BLVD as set forth in the Employee Handbook and document and report any observed violations to Human Resources.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements and maintain inventory
- Any other task, written or verbal, that is assigned by Management.
- Participate in monthly stock taking and inventory every 1st of the month.
- Ensure proper stock requisition and ordering processes are followed through on a daily basis.
- Continuously source quality products for the bar to include beer, spirits, wine and mixers.
- Ensure training program is in place and used on a daily basis.
- Hire, train, supervise, direct, coach, counsel, and evaluate staff in the bar and lounge. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff. Assign and instruct bar and lounge staff in details of work. Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy lounge activity, serving as a role model for the bar staff and other employees.
- Field customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation in order to choose the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations. Demonstrate knowledge of third-party liability and detect and act upon guest inebriation as trained.
- Develop and implement basic operating standards for bar and lounge service in compliance with federal, state, local and BLVD own practices. (e.g. Employee Alcohol Awareness Training and Compliance)
- Maximize bar and lounge profitability; implement effective controls of beverage and labor costs and monitor the bar’s and lounge’s budget to ensure efficient operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expenses. Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, retrieving and stocking product. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost savings and profit enhancement measures. Maintain established inventory by ordering all liquor and supplies in accordance with operational needs and participate in monthly liquor inventories and equipment inventories.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with key objective KPI’s for performing each function to be solely determined by the General manager upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assist in restaurant supervision as business needs dictate.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for the bar and lounge.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage exercise, which may require occasional weekend stay overs.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Outlook Express.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by GM.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance
(specific standards as provided or instructed by management).
The hospitality business functions seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with BLVD Lounge and Bar rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of facilities. Employees who violate rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action by Law, up to and including termination of employment. This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your CV with a cover letter using the position as the subject.