- Manage equipment operations & technical facility maintenance at designated dept. & Centres.
- Team building and routine supervision apropos equipment, policies, processes & procedures.
- Quality Assurance cum Procurement & Inventory management – Plan, structure and execute quality delivery.
- New Project Initiative & Support
- Statutory Knowledge & Compliance
- Business understanding of healthcare.
- Technical facility Mgt. Support.
- IT Support.
- Team Leading & Co-ordination.
- Quality Assurance maintenance.
- Inventory & Procurement.
- New Projects.
- Statutory knowledge & Compliance.
Detailed Tasks & Responsibilities:
Business understanding of healthcare:
- Study and support understanding of Nigeria healthcare market, trends, new opportunities.
- Support project ideas implementation and operation of the same.
- Identify key vendors, source quotation & information
- Find and keep a database of key partners for technical support.
Technical Facility Management Support:
- Support vendor management & equipment selection.
- Co-ordinate utility outages and other construction/renovation requirements with contractors & service providers as needed.
- Supervise the use of tools, equipment & chemicals within acceptable SHE norms & policy for safety & appropriateness.
- Synergise with IT for effective system software run on LIMS, PACS & internal corporate servers, user desktops, etc. incl. install and improve computer software and network equipment
- Coordinate inventory management of licenses, software, hardware, and other IT suppliers.
- Promotes responsible usage and care of corporate equipment
- Enhance productivity by organizing continuous training programs
- Coordinate team appraisal and guide to company goal alignment for team members.
Quality Assurance Maintenance:
- Undertake quality inspection of high-end medical equipment.
- Develop safety and other standards and procedures on services.
- Develop quality control methods and standards for medical equipment.
- Established standards for equipment downtime and ensure compliance
Procurement & Inventory control:
- Coordinate the procurement and maintain an inventory of ERC and other related stocks.
- Co-ordinate selection and SLA for all ERC and MEP vendors.
- Monitor the stock of spares and consumables of medical equipment.
- Coordinate and undertake procurement planning and replacement of spares & consumables.
- Develop a detailed equipment list and cost for new projects
- Handle and manage the implementation of new medical equipment project.
- Maintain and record inventory for consumables required for equipment.
Statutory Knowledge & Compliance:
- Maintain compliance of all regulatory/accreditation requirements within the norm of best standard practice.
- Understand & develop policies and procedures that support the provision of services regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure designated Centres are fully compliant with HEFEMAA, NNRA, RRBN, MLSCN, etc. for life safety & utility management.
- Any nationality, preferable if Africa
- Proficient in the English Language
- Diploma/Bsc./Degree in Biomedical Engineer/Electronics with a minimum of 10 yr experience.
- Candidate- Local (preferred), fluent in English
- Age- not less 30 Years.
- Experience with reputed hospitals/laboratories (SRL, Metropolis, Dr. Lal Pathlabs, NM Medicals, Apollo, etc.)
- Dealing with medical and laboratory equipment companies (Roche, Beckman Coulter, Diasys, Abbott, BD, Biomeuriex, Siemens, GE, Toshiba, Phillips, Kodak, etc) may be an added advantage.
- Additional education and qualification (e.g. specialization, management) is an added advantage.
- Top-level network in the medical and diagnostics industry and, especially with various equipment suppliers
- Advance skills of MS Office, Internet, and computer.
- International exposure will be an added advantage, especially experience in Nigeria.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Leadership & analytical skills to steer the team and able to work independently with high dynamism and drive. Key focus on details and quality of business developed.