A firm in the hospitality sector seeks qualified candidates to fill this role
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Create drink recipes.
- Supervise the work of bar staff
- Order liquors and supplies.
- Plan bar menus.
- Prepare appetizers such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.